Sunday, February 17, 2013

Welcome! Let's eat.

As a twenty-something whippersnapper who recently started cooking for herself, I, very simply, am trying to cook healthy and simple meals. I want to wean myself off of the boxed foods I've lived on for so long and expand my cooking horizons into more fresh and varied territories.

Why, and why now?
-I finally have free time to cook.
-I want to treat my body right. Obligatory statement about how processed foods aren't as nutritious, how animals are mistreated in the food industry, how vegetables are important, etc.
-I've become interested in thinking about why I eat what I do and how my food choices impact not only my body but also everything else (food industry, agriculture, global warming, possibly apocalypses, etc.). I'm certainly not super-well informed but I watched a few leftist documentaries recently that inspired me to keep track of the healthy recipes I like.
-Currently, recipes that I like and re-use are on torn out pieces of notebook paper. This seems more reliable.
-I bring my lunch to work each day. Leftovers are generally better for me and cheaper than the frozen meals or pb&j that I bring.

I'm jaded enough to know that I'll eventually get tired of posting, but for now, I have a week off and am trying a bunch of new recipes, so welcome, dear reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment