Sunday, February 17, 2013

Indonesian Peanut Saute

Once upon a time, I ordered Indonesian Peanut Saute at Noodles & Co. It gave me a nosebleed, but also a happy heart, so I went online and found a recipe to re-create it. It has more ingredients than I'm used to working with (for now), but is pretty simple to make and absolutely delicious. I highly recommend it. Spicy and delicious.

Variations: The toppings are totally optional. I've found before that I buy too many sprouts and cilantro to use in this recipe, so they end up going to waste. I just omit them if I know I won't use all that I buy. You can also easily switch out the veggies for other veggies, and adjust the level of sriracha to fit your taste.

Dietary restrictions: Vegetarian, can be made GF relatively easily

THE RECIPE
1 pound rice noodles

Sauce
1 cup vegetable broth
6 heaping tablespoons creamy peanut butter
4 teaspoons sriracha
3 tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
5 cloves garlic minced

Veggies
1 cup chopped brocoli
1/2 of a red cabbage, sliced
1 cup shoestring carrots

Toppings
limes wedges
cilantro
sprouts
more Siracha
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
  2. While the pasta is cooking, mix all the sauce ingredients and cook over medium low heat until combined.
  3. In a large sauté pan, cook the vegetables until they begin to soften.
  4. Turn off the heat, add the sauce and noodles to the sauté pan and combine.
  5. Top with a lime wedge, Sriracha, cilantro and sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment