Sunday, February 17, 2013

Spinach with Garbanzo Beans

Sometimes, people I know flee the country and leave me with whatever is left of their stash of food. This provides some interesting fodder for cooking, since I end up with ingredients I haven't used before. For example: garbanzo beans! To find this recipe I entered "Garbanzo beans recipe" into The Google Machine and came out with this. I'll let you know how it turns out once I actually try it.

UPDATE: This is sooooo good and soooo easy to make! Amazing. I will be cooking this so much!

Dietary restrictions: Vegan, gluten-free.

Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 4 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/2 diced onion
  • 10 ozs spinach (frozen chopped, thawed and drained)
  • 12 ozs garbanzo beans (drained)
  • 1/2 tsp cumin 
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Directions
  • Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the garlic and onion in the oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach, garbanzo beans, cumin, and salt. Use your stirring spoon to lightly mash the beans as the mixture cooks. Allow to cook until thoroughly heated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment