Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fiesta Pasta Salad

I got this recipe from Get Vegucated who got it from Amie Valpone, The Healthy Apple. I'll be honest - I didn't use GF pasta, since I'm not GF. Next time I make this I am going to cut the recipe in half, since even though it turned out great, I don't care to eat the same meal about 5 times in a row. I'm also going to make the dressing a bit more substantial, so...I'll keep that the way it is and cut everything else in half. The olive oil concoction is amazing. This is one of those fresh and light recipes that would work well for summer.

Recipe type: Entree • Prep time: 10 mins • Cook time: 10 mins • Total time: 20 mins • Serves: 4

Dietary restrictions: Gluten-Free and Vegan

Ingredients
  • 1/2 pound gluten-free penne pasta
  • 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced crosswise
  • 6 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
  • 1 (10oz.) package frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
  • 4 cups fresh spinach
  • 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
  • 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 chives, finely chopped
  • 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Instructions
  1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, transfer to a large bowl, and toss with zucchini, mushrooms, corn and spinach. Set aside.
  2. In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon zest, juice, olive oil, chives, red pepper, sea salt and black pepper; whisk well to combine.
  3. Pour olive oil mixture over cooked pasta mixture; gently toss to combine.
  4. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
  5. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment